Java foreigners 2021
Course resources For the access use account @phystech.edu.
- Lecturer: Ivan Ponomaryov
- Tutor: Ivan Fedotov
Instead of doing the last 3 homeworks you can choose one of the several projects of your choice. Projects will be suggested later. Each project supposes work starting from the beginning of the semester. Finish the whole project in a couple of nights is pretty hard.
Other options to pass the course:
- have a ready open-source project or abstracts for lightning-talk sessions of Java conferences
- Publication on Habr or other valuable IT-source
- have a record in the Central Maven Repository, where you will be recorded as the Developer of the project.
5 homeworks are planned. The check includes 2 stages:
- Green tests in Yandex.Contest (HW-1,2)
- Code review (HW-3,4). During the code review process, you receive feedback from the reviewer. It can be read on the page of your repository with DZ (Project -> Activity) or in automatic emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Corrections on code review can be done within '1 month' after the 1st comment.
- Passing after the soft deadline -50%
- After the hard deadline you can get max 25% from the initial mark.
Home tasks deadlines
|Home tasks||Soft deadline||Hard deadline|
|||22.09.2021, 23:59||29.09.2021, 23:59|
|||15.10.2021, 23:59||22.10.2021, 23:59|
|Multithreading (Tokenring)||21.11.2021, 23:59||28.11.2021, 23:59|
|JDBC (read csv + queries)||12.12.2021, 23:59||17.12.2021, 23:59|
It will be 2 quizzes. You are not allowed to use IDE or the internet. No needs to write a code.
|Java programming. Quiz #1||Java Syntax. Branches and loops. Primitive types and objects in Java. Casting, unboxing, autoboxing. Exceptions. Arrays and Collections. Strings. Classes (abstract, nested, internal, anonymous, local ...), interfaces. The Object class and everything related to it. Generics, enums (enums as classes).||16.10||20 min.|
|Java programming. Quiz #2||Continuous Integration. Maven. Java 8. Streams API. Multithreading in Java. Concurrent data structures. Testing.||11.12||15 min.|
For being active in the course chat and the classes, you can get an additional +1 point. The number of students who received the bonus is unlimited.